Senior Content Designer
Being a Champion for SMBs is good for business. And a career defining opportunity for you
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based at San Jose, CA. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
Content Design at BILL is a big responsibility, and there’s an opportunity to do something purposeful and impactful—for millions of our customers. We’re looking for a Senior Content Designer who’s passionate about creating emotional customer connections to help us take content to the next level! This team member should feel right at home leading by example to help others adopt content best practices.
As a Senior Content Designer, you'll be fundamental to our product development and communication process. You'll join a team dedicated to making it simple for small and midsize businesses to connect and do business. You'll work closely with product managers, engineers, designers, user researchers, product marketers, and legal to help ensure a cohesive language experience across our products including UI messaging, emails, push notifications, and everything in between.
We’d love to chat if you:
- Have 5+ years of end-to-end content design experience including auditing, optimizing, writing, and delivery of product experiences. You love the big picture as well as hands-on writing and editing
- Are a skilled communicator, influencer, negotiator—with excellent verbal and written command of the English language, and the ability to advocate for our discipline
- Develop copy that gets attention, and elicits emotion and action with customers
- Can show strong examples of empathy in your writing; your portfolio of work includes multi-screen flows, content templates, style guides, and standards for a variety of product content types
- Get excited when it comes to A/B testing, experimentation, analysis, and iterating
- Have a proficient understanding of design principles and methods
- Have the proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional partners and work in a fast-paced environment
- Can manage multiple projects and know how to move fast, while still being meticulous and conscientious about your work
- Embrace ambiguity with open arms and aren't afraid to ask tough questions, possess a growth mindset, and constantly seek better ways of working and communicating
- Defend what you think is right for the customer, relying on logic and evidence, rather than opinion or emotion
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Human-Computer Interaction Design, or other relevant field
Competencies (Attributes needed to be successful in this role):
- Planning and writing content for web and mobile, user flows, microcopy, product emails, and other product-related content
- Transforming complex payments jargon into conversational, approachable language
- Writing, editing, testing, and iterating content for experiments
- Collaborating effectively with designers, writers, product managers, product marketers, researchers, and legal
- Navigating our internal ecosystem and partnering with various org functions. Providing thought leadership on content design across the organization
- Helping to shape and evangelize content standards that guide others on how to create content for Bill.com products
- Evolving the BILL's voice and tone standards
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants
Something looks off?