Senior Software Engineer - Production Infrastructure
Do the best work of your career building all new products that will make a difference for businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based in San Jose. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
If you are passionate about optimizing application code, enjoy being hands on, excited to take a revolutionary product to new heights and enjoy technical challenges, this is the job for you! The position will be based out of our San Jose campus. As a Senior Software Engineer in the Production Infrastructure team responsible for maintaining production up time you will be responsible for tuning and scaling our application (Java). In this role, you will work closely with engineers on application design and performance tuning. Your obsession for analyzing bottlenecks and solving them at scale will help us maintain uptime.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 3-5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree, or 2-3 years of experience and a Master's degree, or a PhD without experience, or equivalent work experience
- 5-8 years of relevant experience developing customer-facing systems/software for large business environments using Java/J2EE and messaging systems (Kafka, SQS, RabbitMQ)
- Hands-on experience in designing/deployment/maintenance of a production SAAS system
- You should be a master in coding in Java and understand SQL
- Minimum of 4 years in a large scale/ high volume/high availability transactional systems
- Experience with performance bottleneck analysis, application design for scaling
- Experience analyzing performance bottlenecks with application code interfacing with databases, cache layers, database query protocols including developing stored procedures, SQL queries, and database applications
- Experience analyzing issues holistically, from the application tier through the database
- Proven experience in leading, scoping, designing and implementing optimization results.
- Ability to gain alignment across cross-functional boundaries
- Excellent tuning experience with Java
- Strong data modeling and data structure design skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with both tech and non-technical individuals.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more!
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants
Something looks off?