This position can be located in our San Jose, CA or Draper, UT locations - Hybrid
Building incomparably simple financial operations solutions supporting the heartbeat of our communities and nearly half of the U.S. GDP --- small and mid sized businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can flourish. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based at Draper. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company!
As an individual contributor, you will be joining a highly collaborative team that helps each other learn and succeed. You will be applying what you already know and build upon it by learning new skills as you take on challenging tasks that force you to understand our business and think critically. We are looking for an extreme owner that ensures accuracy in all they do. This role will interact with various stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Performing the end-to-end accounting for the Divvy card receivable portfolio which accounts for billions of dollars of activity each quarter. This will include recording
journal entries as well as performing asset, liability, revenue, and expense account reconciliations. Preparation of the CECL allowance for the card portfolio which is
considered a key estimate.
- Own the accounting for fee revenue related to the Divvy card.
- Record and reconcile card interchange revenue.
- Prepare analytics and charts to analyze the card portfolio and present the results to management.
- Design efficiencies and process improvements with an awareness of internal controls
- Support the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes including the preparation of public company financial statement disclosures
- Prepare information requests as needed for audits and reviews conducted by external auditors
- 3+ years of public accounting experience at a top-tier firm and/or 5+ years of industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- Experience with financial statements and ability to understand technical accounting concepts and topics
- CPA or at least CPA tracking
- Strong knowledge in GAAP accounting
- Strong communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced technical skills in Microsoft Excel
To Stand Out!
- Understanding of database structures preferred
- SQL and Tableau knowledge a plus
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants
Something looks off?