Staff Mobile Engineer, iOS
Being a Champion for SMBs is good for business. And a career defining opportunity for you
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers.
We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations.
This specific position is based in Draper, UT. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
- Work as a key member of the UI Architecture Team to design and develop high-quality mobile applications for both iOS and Android platforms
- Act as a mobile technology evangelist, sharing expertise and knowledge to help shape the future of mobile development at BILL
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge in architecture and design frameworks for both iOS and Android platforms
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of a solution that bridges the gap between iOS and Android to improve overall development efficiency
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and developers, to ensure seamless integration of new features and functionalities
- Exclusively focus on the greenfield unified platform project, working closely with stakeholders to drive its success
- Engage with business stakeholders to effectively communicate, sell, and drive mobile architecture ideas and strategies
- Embrace an “always learning” mentality, being open to challenges and feedback from others to find the best solution possible
- Assess existing mobile solutions, identify gaps, and develop a go-forward plan that is not solely based on historical ways of doing things
- 8+ years of iOS mobile development using Swift
- Published one or more iOS apps to the App Store
- Experience improving code quality through unit testing, automation testing, and performance testing
- A proven ability to work alongside cross-functional engineering, product, and design teams
- Experience providing technical leadership to mobile engineering teams
- Proven experience mentoring team members, and driving major projects from conception through implementation
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants
Something looks off?