HR Business Partner
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.This position is based in Sydney. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
- Coach managers on multiple HR related topics including: org design, performance management, career development, employee relations, etc;
- Involvement with company-wide talent management programs;
- Understand training/development needs and partner with our Learning & Development team to provide appropriate training opportunities to client groups;
- Participate in and execute on the annual and mid-year talent review process;
- Manage and resolve employee relations situations;
- Proactively identify and drive improvements to organizational effectiveness;
- Partner with our HR team to accelerate adoption of HR solutions to drive transformational change, build leadership capability and drive engagement; and
- Drive improvements in key employee performance metrics
- 5+ years of HR or related experience, including the ability to manage and resolve complex ER issues;
- Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Industrial Psychology, Sociology or related discipline;
- Strong business acumen and experience across a broad spectrum of Human Resources disciplines;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Australia's employment laws, legislation, etc.
- Experience supporting, consulting and influencing management - providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Proven track record of initiating and driving People programs that move the organization towards success;
- Understanding of HR analytic, systems and tools - with the ability to interpret people/talent data and translate into actionable insights;
- Experience designing organizational structures to support business strategy; and
- Willingness to “roll-up your sleeves” and juggle both day-to-day tactical situations along with longer term strategic programs.
Let’s talk about benefits:
- Corporate Health Insurance Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness Initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- VTO (Volunteer Time Off): 3 days per year
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants
Something looks off?