Email Marketing Manager
Being a Champion for SMBs is good for business. And a career defining opportunity for you
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based at Draper. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
We are looking for an experienced Email Marketing Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of building successful email marketing campaigns, working collaboratively with other teams to develop effective strategies, and executing campaigns flawlessly. As an Email Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for creating visually appealing emails that are engaging and tailored to our target audience. You will play a role in working with our creative team to develop and code compelling emails and email templates. You will also work closely with the analytics team to help measure the effectiveness of our campaigns. If you are a data-driven individual who is passionate about delivering impactful email campaigns, we would love to hear from you.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 3+ years of experience in email marketing, preferably in a B2B or SaaS environment, using marketing automation tools (preferably Marketo)
- Demonstrated experience creating and executing successful email campaigns, including email design and coding.
- Strong HTML and CSS skills with an eye for design and detail.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple campaigns and priorities simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills with experience using data to drive decision-making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of email compliance and best practices, including CAN-SPAM and GDPR regulations.
- Experience Developing and executing email marketing campaigns to increase engagement, retention, and revenue.
- Experience creating visually appealing and engaging Marketo email templates using HTML and CSS.
- Experience collaborating with the creative team to design and implement email templates that align with our brand voice and messaging.
- Experience managing email lists and segmentation to ensure that campaigns are targeted and personalized to the right audience.
- Experience monitoring and reporting on email campaign performance metrics such as open rates, click-through rates, and conversion rates.
- Testing and optimizing email campaigns to improve performance and increase ROI.
- Tracking performance, measure outcomes and use that information to optimize and iterate
- Maintaining email compliance and best practices, including CAN-SPAM and GDPR regulations.
- Experience with Marketo marketing automation tool is highly preferred, including proficiency in building emails using Marketo modules, managing campaigns, and analyzing data.
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM is a plus, including the ability to integrate email campaigns with Salesforce and create reports and dashboards to measure campaign effectiveness.
- Experience with Figma graphic design tool is preferred, including the ability to collaborate with the creative team to design and implement email templates and landing pages.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants
Something looks off?