Staff Product Researcher - Channel Partners
Build your career with purpose. Be a champion for small and mid-size businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can flourish. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based at San Jose. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
About Product Research at Bill.com
The BILL Product Research team focuses on enabling customer centric decision making. We are empaths, facilitators, and change agents. We influence cross functional teams throughout the customers’ end-to-end journey. We use mixed method approaches to bring the customer into the day to day product development process.
We value diverse perspectives and support each other in building inclusive communities of practice.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
BILL is rapidly expanding our product portfolio. We are seeking an influential researcher to lead end-to-end understanding of the Accountant and Bank Channels. These are core customer segments and critical to our growth plan. This role will work with cross functional partnerships to understand strategic and tactical questions, craft and execute research roadmaps, and deliver customer centric impact on company and team goals.
This hybrid role is based in San Jose, USA, where key members of the team are based. You will work from our friendly, modern HQ office at least 2 days a week. For the other 3 days it’s your choice whether you work from the office or from home.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 8 years of experience guiding cross- functional teams through product inception, launch, and ongoing iteration.
- Owning all phases of research (i.e., foundational, generative and evaluative) and building trusting partnerships with stakeholders.
- Deep passion for unpacking ambiguous questions and understanding customer behaviors, needs, and emotions.
- Experience working with accountants, the accounting industry or in financial services. Understanding of the complexities of roles and access to these target audiences.
- A desire to always expand your craft, explore new paradigms, and learn from and with other innately curious researchers.
- Experience blending qualitative and quantitative methodologies, using research tools in unexpected ways, and collaborating with data partners (Analytics, Customer Experience).
- Expertise in influencing others to prioritize the customer while simultaneously delivering on team and company goals.
- The ability to deliver a research roadmap that balances short and long term needs.
- Seasoned storyteller who knows their audience, builds socialization into timelines, and delivers memorable insight and actionable provocations.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants
Something looks off?