Principal Product Manager - Payments Platform
Being a Champion for SMBs is good for business. And a career defining opportunity for you
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based at San Jose. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
We are looking for a payments expert to join BILL's product team who will help reinvent the way Small and Medium Sized Businesses pay and get paid in a secure fashion. BILL is seeking a strategic & experienced platform product leader who will be responsible for leading the enterprise-wide Payments platform.
As a seasoned leader in the product team, your team will be responsible for ensuring Payments platform readiness to process $1T annual TPV.
- Own and manage the payments roadmap to provide holistic and innovative B2B payments offering by clearly understanding the business goals and customer needs across multiple channels (Direct customers, Accountants)
- Innovate, define and deliver high priority payments initiatives by working closely with a cross-functional team of Business owners, Developers, QA, Designers, 3rd-party partners and more
- Align with multiple stakeholders to prioritize initiatives
- Drive strategic thinking to design and propose new revenue generating payment products
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 12 years of product management or related professional experience in the SaaS industry with extensive domain knowledge in Payments and/or Financial Services.
- Experience in directing and controlling the activities of one or more functional areas/divisions through managers who have overall responsibility for the successful operation of those assigned areas
- Deep expertise in multiple payment networks and payment financing (examples include ACH, Cards, RTP, Supply Chain Finance, etc..)
- Proven track record in getting stuff done and enabling teams to ship products that deliver substantial value with simple & intuitive customer experience
- Experience in working at matrixed organizations with strong cross-functional collaboration
- Exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with key internal & external stakeholders
- Experience in agile methodologies and its best practices
- Understanding of key product management concepts
- People and content leadership expertise
- Strong team player with the ability to put team before self and are energetically collaborative across many stakeholders
- A positive and entrepreneurial mindset. Self-aware with a strong desire to learn and continuously improve. We’re looking for lifelong learners
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Possess high level of intellectual curiosity and growth mindset
- Develops and defends strong points-of-view with data and analytics
- Well organized, able to multitask, able to ruthlessly prioritize with minimal direction
- Communication and listening – Speaks and writes clearly and articulately. Seeks to understand other viewpoints. Maintains these standards in all forms of communication
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants
Something looks off?