Finance Business Systems Analyst
Building incomparably simple financial operations solutions supporting the heartbeat of our communities and nearly half of the U.S. GDP --- small and mid sized businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can flourish. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based at San Jose. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
We are looking for a talented Finance Business Systems Analyst to join our small but growing internal Finance Systems team. Your primary responsibility will be to lead technical projects from ideation to closure across our Finance tech stack. You will also help maintain Netsuite and other critical financial systems. The candidate should be a self-starter, eager to build relationships and deliver value to our stakeholders across Accounting, Procurement, Treasury and FP&A. This role provides the right candidate the opportunity to thrive and truly leave a mark in an entrepreneurial setting!
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 5+ years of experience delivering technical projects across Finance Tech Stack
- Must have: NetSuite
- Nice to have: Coupa, Blackline, Avalara, Adaptive Insights, Treasury Management Systems, and other cloud-based ERP solutions
- Proven project management experience Including:
- Documenting functional and non-functional requirements, and development of technical solutions that meet the business needs
- Working with stakeholders to define and document business processes and systems
- Developing and maintaining project plans and associated communications
- Performing Proof-of-Concepts when needed
- Leading test preparation and execution
- Providing post Go Live support
- A deep understanding of Finance/Accounting business functions, processes, cross-functional hand offs and intersections with Finance systems
- Experience providing general system support to Finance accounting business partners
- Experience with Agile and SDLC methodologies
- Excellent teamwork, communication and ability to gain alignment across cross-functional boundaries
- Ability to challenge the norm and maturity to advocate for changes for the greater benefit of the business
- BS/MS in Finance, Computer Science or a related field
Nice to have:
- Netsuite System Administration experience
- Admin experience across other finance platforms (e.g. Coupa, Blackline, Avalara, Adaptive Insights, Treasury Management Systems,, and other cloud-based ERP solutions)
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants
Something looks off?