Account Executive, New Business
Do the best work of your career as a champion for small and mid-size businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
We are looking for talented, high performing team players to join our growing sales team. In this role, you will be responsible for achieving monthly revenue goals by qualifying, developing, and closing sales in Accounting and Wealth Management firms. You will work with firms that are new to BILL to identify, understand, and align the problems with their current process to BILL’s Accounting and Wealth Management firm solutions. Account Executives who consistently meet and exceed their targets will be considered for any number of exciting career expansion opportunities within our fast-growing organization. If you're a motivated sales professional with at least 5+ years of experience exceeding quotas in a high volume, high velocity environment, we want to talk to you.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 1+ years of software/SaaS inside sales experience
- Proven track record achieving sales goals using high-volume calling environment
- Experience conducting sales presentations and product demos via web conferencing tools
- Ability to develop and execute customer-focused, consultative sales skills
- Previous experience selling to CPAs, Accounting firms, bookkeepers, banking is a bonus
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding MM sales process.
- Can resolve a wide range of problems in creative ways.
- Industry knowledge of Accounting Firms and experience in channel selling or FinTech preferred
- Sales experience at a tech company Required
- History of quota attainment and/or sales awards.
- Ability to plan and execute long term sales strategies with customers
- Ability to educated clients on BILL as well as consult on industry best practices and trends
- Is able to adjust sales process by clients roles as well as department within clients organization
- Professional presence and confident, articulate communication skills
- Tech savvy - awareness and experience using SaaS applications and translating technical features into business concepts
- Forecast accuracy - maintain account and opportunity information within our internal CRM systems
- Team Player - Good sense of humor, Humble, Competitive, Collaborative
- Highly motivated, goal-oriented, self-starting individual. Persistence and tenacity is key for success in this role.
- Organized, ability to multi-task, strong time-management skills
- Flexibility and Adaptability – things move fast around here!
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
Our promise to our candidates is to be transparent, diligent, and engaging while guiding individuals through each step of our hiring process. At BILL we strive to achieve an inclusive and positive candidate experience that aligns with our core values and focuses on diversity. If you require a reasonable accommodation for your application, interviews, or another aspect of the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants