Corporate Development Manager
Do the best work of your career as a champion for small and mid-size businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
The Corporate Development team works with business and functional leaders, including our CFO and executive staff, to identify, evaluate, and deliver strategic initiatives for the company. We are seeking a highly analytical and driven Corporate Development Manager or Senior Manager for our San Jose office. In this role, you will leverage your analytical mindset to develop robust financial models and assist in structuring commercial transactions.
You will lead cross-functional projects across a number of commercial areas, including M&A, partnerships, product strategy, and strategic initiatives. You will understand the market opportunities and competitive dynamics to develop insights that help BILL define and deliver on our multi-year strategic vision. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to interact regularly with senior management on commercial transactions and become a highly visible thought partner within BILL.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Be a key strategic partner to leaders in our Corporate Development, Revenue and Finance organizations with a focus on commercial transactions
- Own commercial modeling to support origination and execution of Partnerships and M&A deals
- Leverage financial models to influence pricing of commercial Partnership opportunities
- Assist in M&A activities, including business case development, modeling and commercial due diligence
- Perform benchmarking and ROI analysis to support resourcing and investment decisions
- Conduct in-depth analysis of our various businesses and markets; develop a deep understanding of key value drivers to identify business opportunities
- Influence projects end-to-end; structure complex problems, perform strategic analysis, communicate recommendations, and drive outcomes with business stakeholders
- Make executive presentations that help to inform M&A and Corporate Strategy, including for ad hoc strategic initiatives
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years related experience including 4 years of experience in investment banking, private equity, and/or internal corporate development
- Preference for experience in B2B Payments, Fintech and/or SaaS companies
- Expert in PowerPoint, Excel modeling, and data analytics
- Deeply analytical, structured thinking, and strong presentation skills with executive presence and able to interface directly with senior leadership
- Ability to take initiative and have a strong sense of ownership over shaping and executing upon our strategy and operations
- Ability to quickly iterate and thrive in a fast-paced environment
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants