Customer Experience Agent
Do the best work of your career as a champion for small and mid-size businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based in Draper, UT office.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
Customer Experience Agents will learn how to navigate a variety of software platforms to assist our customers with questions on using our product effectively, assistance in resolving errors, and providing support through complicated escalations. With continuous training and support, you’ll help suggest process optimization, and focus on driving continuous improvement throughout the CX organization.
*An essential function of all CX Agent positions is to attend onsite training for the first 90 days of employment. Each Agent will have the opportunity to shift into a hybrid work schedule based on performance upon the completion of their training program.
Key job functions:
- Operate various systems (Salesforce, ADP, BillOpedia, Ops Tools, Calabrio, slack, etc.)
- Answer incoming customer contacts through phone, chat, and email channels
- Troubleshoot and problem solve issues with customers
- Educate customers on products/services available (identifying the right plan for them)
- Follow up on cases that need a customer or another departments response to resolve
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 1 or more years relevant work experience, preferably Customer service experience - software as a service (SaaS), banking, tech support, payments or sales
- High volume software support experience via chat or phone
- Experience with problem-solving and complex troubleshooting
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong listening skills to be able to understand, empathize and resolve customer issues
- Proficient computer skills and/or Google Docs experience
- Ability to type over 50 words per minute
- Financial technology experience (B2B preferred)
- Intermediate knowledge with common browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari (ie. deleting cookies, clearing cache, etc..)
- Accounting experience to include either accounts payable or accounts receivable
- Must be able to adhere to long periods of standing or sitting
- Open availability to work weekdays, a 8 hour shift between 7am MST- 7pm MST and Saturday and Sunday 7am MST- 4pm MST,(40 hours/week) based on business need
- Ability to work overtime with little notice; weekends hours and holidays may occasionally be required
- This positions pays between $18-$19 per/hour
Competencies (Attributes needed to be successful in this role):
- A proactive person who will suggest new ways to improve the efficiency of their work process.
- A fast-paced person who can handle a high volume of calls, chats, emails with little down time. Ability to handle back to back contacts.
- A problem-solver will find a creative way to resolve a conflict or issue. They need to be a critical thinker to solve customer problems in a first contact resolution approach.
- An optimistic person that will always look for the silver lining in a situation and believe that things can get better.
- An enthusiastic person who will be passionate about their work or cause and be able to get others excited about it too. Ability to meet high standards and performance expectations.
- A passionate person who will be deeply committed to their work and be willing to put in the extra effort to make a difference. Must use empathy and actively listening with every customer.
- An engaged person who is passionate for what customers are doing and how the product solves the problem. They would be helping customers with back end office work to include AP/AR, sync software's and spend & expense.
- A reliable person who is committed to being present each day and able to work well on phones, chats, email and video interactions.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in Utah.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in Draper, UT. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
This role is based in Utah.
The On Target Earnings (OTE) range for this role is noted below for our office location in Draper, UT. This role is eligible to participate in BILL’s sales incentive and equity plans. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
This role is based in Utah.
The estimated hourly range for this role is noted below for our office location in Draper, UT. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants