Staff Product Manager, Identity Platform
Do the best work of your career as a champion for small and mid-size businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
Your role is to lead the Identity team and support platform as a critical component of realizing the company strategy. The Identity team provides secure login, MFA, Account and User Management for customers to be successful in their day to day jobs while using BILL.
Your performance objectives will be to:
- Drive quick and strong consensus for customer-centric vision and strategy by engaging with internal stakeholders and expressing that strategy through bold product roadmaps, collaborating closely with product leaders and software engineers, and participating in all levels of the execution sequence to deliver key results
- Develop strong value-based metrics and goals that guide the iterative learning and delivery model to validate solutions to the most important customer problems as they evolve over time
- Actively mentor a team of product managers fostering an environment for career growth, diligent hiring, and direct mentoring
We’d love to chat if you have:
8-10 years of experience in Product Management serving products and platforms used by a technical audience, and you enjoy operating on quick iteration cycles while working with customers across a multitude of internal organizations with executive stakeholders which has been repeatedly demonstrated through past projects.
- A passion for building great technical and customer experience products
- A growth mindset based in curiosity and data-driven learning approaches
- A get-stuff-done attitude propelled by a strong sense of accountability and a positive self-starter energy
- An approach to problems that start with the customer, explore a multitude of options, and rely on strong relationships to make sound decisions
- Experience crafting a compelling product vision demonstrating the ability to think strategically
- Experience driving impact through cross-functional teams by facilitating critical conversations and making hard prioritization choices
- 8-10 years of professional experience in product management or cumulative experience when combined with a related technical field
- 3-5 years working on internal platforms
- Experience in Auth and Account Management is a strong plus
- BS required, MBA or Master/PhD degree is a strong plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and analytical skills
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants