Staff Product Data Analyst
Creating innovative financial operations solutions that help small and mid-size businesses save time, become more efficient and grow.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based at San Jose, CA. We support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days.
What You’ll Do
- Identify trends and patterns in the usage of BILL's products that drive accelerated business growth. Exhibits analytical rigor, judgment, and ability to present a comprehensive 'data story' to multiple levels of the organization.
- Conduct large scale analyses, with ownership through all stages: understand business goals and strategies, formulate the analytic approach, perform data extraction, exploration, and transformation, and translate results into actionable insights for the business team.
- Define, analyze, and visualize high-level, feature-level key performance indicators and other critical business metrics for the product development teams.
- Address challenges, and growth opportunities with statistical methods, analytic solutions, and data visualization.
- Conduct analyses and identify growth opportunities/challenges; create a problem statement around those challenges. Excellent communication skills to evangelize challenges and solutions across the organization.
- Going beyond established analytical thinking and problem-solving by applying creativity to unconventional concepts and out-of-the-box solutions.
- Play the role of analytic expert on teams, focused on understanding of complex systems with a mind towards applicable insights and growth.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as marketing, sales, and engineering, to ensure that data is being used effectively to drive business outcomes.
- Work closely with Data Warehousing and BI engineering teams on enhancing our data to help related teams move more quickly.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Uncanny ability and willingness to take on any kind of analytics at any level to generate key insights that lead directly to improved decisions.
- Minimum 4 years of data analytics experience building dashboards (Tableau/Power BI or similar).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate large amounts of data with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in SQL, with experience with Python a strong plus.
- Experience to write complex queries and work with large datasets to solve complex business problems.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical experts, business partners, and executives.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly improving, start-up environment that focuses on solving problems with iterative technical solutions.
- A sense of passion, urgency and personal ownership over controlling losses and driving growth.
- FinTech experience - Nice to haveFamiliarity and experience with methods for experimental design and causal inference - Nice to have.
- Experience with customer retention analytics - Nice to have.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants