Supervisor, CX Payment Research
Building incomparably simple financial operations solutions supporting the heartbeat of our communities and nearly half of the U.S. GDP --- small and mid sized businesses.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can flourish. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
Our Supervisor of CX Payment Research plays a critical role in creating and delivering our pioneering business payments experience to our customers and channel partners. As a leader within our CXO Escalations group, this position is responsible for managing our core processes and activities associated with payment processing and exception management involving customers, banks, and other third-party payment providers. This leader collaborates closely with other leaders in our CXO teams along with our Product Management, Finance, Compliance, and Strategic Partner groups to ensure timely resolution to escalations from internal teams regarding payment processing status, policies, and procedures. This supervisor is responsible for hiring, training, managing, and mentoring a highly motivated and skilled team of payment operations personnel through rapid growth and expansion of our services. This supervisor also helps identify and implement critical enhancements to our people, processes, and technologies to optimize our customers’ experience while driving efficiency, effectiveness, and scale.
- Lead a high performing team of 8-12 analysts to review and resolve payment exceptions and ensure payments are delivered timely and accurately.
- Manage transaction level reconciliation to ensure exceptions are researched and resolved in a timely manner.
- Support our cross functional stakeholders and bank partners on payment escalations and operational needs.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement enhancements to our payment operations with third-party payments providers to achieve operational goals, service levels, and performance targets.
- Identify and implement critical enhancements to our people, processes, and technologies to optimize our customers’ experience while driving efficiency, effectiveness, and scale.
- Talent and Performance Management
- Effective 1-1 sessions, providing feedback and/or coaching
- Weekly reviews of Customer Effort Surveys, summarizing opportunities and action plans
- Conduct quality assurance in weekly audits
- Build out org and hire positions for scale
- Recruit for domain expertise
- Upskill employees in developing individual career paths
- Cultivate growth mindset
- Conduct performance reviews, set individual goals, and recommend performance recognition.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 4+ years of CX or operations experience within the banking, FinTech, or financial services industry
- 1+ years of people management experience
- Expertise in payment processing methods including ACH, check, digital wallet, international payments, virtual and credit cards.
- Extensive knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.
- Demonstrated success building and managing high performing teams.
Competencies (Attributes needed to be successful in this role):
- Assertiveness - trusts in their own judgment and is not overly dependent upon the approval of others
- Communication - clearly expresses ideas, thoughts, & concepts in writing & verbally, using correct & appropriate grammar, organization, & structure. Able to deliver presentations to the immediate team, easily adapting content & style to the audience. Recognizes the value of continuous information exchange. Listens effectively; clarifies information as needed.
- Customer Orientation - views the organization through the eyes of the customer and goes out of their way to anticipate and meet customer needs
- High Standards - meticulous attention to detail, accountability for self and others; provides suggestions to improve processes steadily and effectively
- Initiative - sees a need and takes action without being prompted
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - identifies problems, solves them, acts decisively, and shows good judgment
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants