Public Relations Manager
Being a Champion for SMBs is good for business. And a career defining opportunity for you
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based in San Jose.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
The Corporate Communications team within BILL holds an important role in creating, driving, and increasing awareness for BILL. The team works cross functionally with the entire marketing team, investor relations, legal, business partner teams, accountant channel teams, and agency partners, making it an extremely dynamic and influential part of the organization. The team also works closely with BILL executives to support the company goals and business vision through strategic communications plans. We are passionate about helping small and midsize businesses (SMBs) to thrive, and your work will play a key role in helping to celebrate our customers, and showcase BILL as a champion of SMBs. You’ll be responsible for driving both strategy and execution across the entire communications program and be responsible for supporting growth in key marketing metrics.
- Owning and developing external media and influencer relationships across a variety of media types.
- Collaborating closely with PR team members as well as stakeholders in Marketing, Investor Relations, Legal, Business Partners, Social, SEO, Customer Community and other functions across the organization to drive communications campaigns.
- Building a consistent news program covering product and partner news in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Developing creative ways to tell customer stores through earned media.
- Creating content for executive briefing documents, press releases, and byline as needed.
- Collaborating with agency partners to drive awareness through sustained media relations.
- Thinking critically about ways to communicate PR program results to leadership to showcase growth and impact to the business.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- Minimally 5+ years of experience in public relations and/or communications, in-house and/or public relations agency experience required.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills with close attention to detail; ability to translate technology messaging into compelling external communications.
- Expert knowledge of the diverse media landscape and established relationships with top journalists and publications.
- A strong passion for helping small and midsize businesses to thrive, and a commitment to uphold BILL’s values and mission.
- An understanding of the fintech PR landscape is highly desirable, deep interest and existing network in the B2B technology industry
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple external organizations and peer communications teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively with content marketing and social media teams to bring joint communications campaigns to fruition across multiple communications mediums.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment; places high value on open communication, authenticity and transparency.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, quick-turn work environment while demonstrating good judgment and professionalism under pressure.
- Bachelor degree required, advanced degree a plus.
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
This role is based in California.
The estimated base salary range for this role is noted below for our office location in San Jose, CA. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in BILL’s bonus and equity plan. Our ranges for each role and job level are based on a variety of factors including candidate experience, expertise, and geographic location and may vary from the amounts listed above. The role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending & health savings account, paid holidays, paid time off, and other company benefits.
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants