Virtual Card Liaison - Retention
Do the best work of your career, helping businesses change the way they manage finances.
BILL is a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). As a champion of SMBs, we are dedicated to automating the future of finance so businesses can thrive. Hundreds of thousands of businesses trust BILL solutions to manage financial workflows, including payables, receivables, and spend and expense management. With BILL, businesses are connected to a network of millions of members, so they can pay or get paid faster. Through our automated solutions, we help SMBs simplify and control their finances, so they can confidently manage their businesses, and succeed on their terms.
BILL is a trusted partner of leading U.S. financial institutions, accounting firms, and accounting software providers. We have operations in San Jose, CA, Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
This position is based in Houston, TX.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
The Virtual Card Liaison for the Virtual Card Product will be responsible for maintaining and strengthening positive relationships with our customers and vendors ensuring customer/vendor satisfaction, and reducing vendor churn. Have the ability to analyze and make data-driven decisions to improve retention rates. The role will have a deep understanding of customer/vendor needs, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and a passion for delivering exceptional customer/vendor service.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction, maintaining positive relationships with clients, and reducing customer churn by maintaining a Customer Effort Scores of 3.8 or higher within 3 months
- Manage and resolve customer and vendor complaints and issues within a 4 hour SLA
- Maintains a Customer Resolution score of 90% or higher
- Analyze customer/vendor behavior data to identify trends and opportunities for retention
- Manage customer/vendor communication channels, including email, phone, and SalesForce
- Identify opportunities for upselling and cross-selling to existing customers/vendors
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure customer satisfaction, including the customer support, product, and marketing teams
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 1-2 years of experience in customer/vendor interactions and retention or a similar role
- Proven track record of success in customer and vendor retention and reducing churn in a similar role
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze customer data and make data-driven decisions
- Knowledge of customer retention strategies and tactics
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite and customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Experience with vendor management and relationship building
- Experience working with virtual card products is a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
For positions that are in office we support a hybrid work environment with on-site and remote work days. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for each location and Discover BILL.
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it's our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Accountable, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble - We check our egos at the door. We are curious. We listen, accept feedback.
- Authentic - We earn and show trust by being real—embracing our authentic selves.
- Passionate - We care deeply about each other and our customers.
- Accountable - We are duty-bound to each other, our customers, and society.
- Fun - We wrap it all together by building connections and enjoying time spent together.
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how BILL treats the personal information it receives from applicants