Senior UX Designer
Betterworks provides enterprise software to easily manage strategic plans, collaborative goals (OKRs), and ongoing performance conversations. Betterworks software helps high-performing companies get aligned, and execute more effectively.
What You’ll Be Doing
At Betterworks, our design team is lean and full-stack, which allows us to move quickly with our ideas. We strive for design to be collaborative and agile. In this role, you'll create inspiring and compelling design solutions that enable people to aspire to new heights in their careers using Betterworks. Your primary stakeholders (Product Manager, Engineers, QA) will be based in India, but we want you to be part of the larger global Product team. You will report to the Senior Director of User Experience (currently based in California, PST time zone) in a high-energy, innovative team.
As a Senior UX Designer at BetterWorks, you will be responsible for
- Drive human-centered design decisions through user research and data where you think through user problems and recommend design solutions that have customer and business impact, and incorporate accessibility in the designs
- Be responsible for planning, designing, and prototyping the company’s web and mobile apps, as well as some platform products integrating our software with other products. Your scope will include some of our star products.
- Own the full stack of user experience: interaction design, visual design, research, and prototyping designs to make them feel real, and communicate your vision.
- Present, explain, and advocate for your designs.
- Work side-by-side with product managers to understand & define the problems you’re solving so that you can deliver design solutions that are rooted in customer empathy, and get business results
- Work closely with UI engineers to creatively work through technical limitations
- Lead holistic design solutions that integrate seamlessly into our web and mobile products as use modern UI designs patterns, including integrating AI
- Collaborate with other designers on the global team to strengthen the overall team’s output.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of our design system, and use it throughout the design process.
- Often work with colleagues in Europe and the United States, so must be available to work with those time zones. Specifically, in addition to being available part of the day to work with India colleagues, need to regularly be available 7am-10am Pacific time, occasionally to 11am, and exceptionally to 12pm.
What’ll Help You Be Successful
- 7+ years of experience
- Previous experience working on enterprise (B2B) SaaS software
- Experience designing for both administrators and end users
- Experience using research and data to inform your design decisions
- Experience designing HR/performance management software is a plus
- Proficiency with Figma
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- User research, including interviewing, usability studies, and surveys
- Strong collaborator with product managers and engineers
- End-to-end product design
- Information architecture
- Understanding of the complexities of accessible design and WCAG guidelines
- Using qual and quant data to make informed design decisions
What We All Do
- All employees share the responsibility of being aware of information security risks and adhering to information security policies and procedures.
- All employees are required to participate in information security awareness and training programs.
- All employees have a responsibility to handle data in accordance with data classification and handling guidelines. Employees should be aware of the sensitivity of the data they interact with and follow appropriate security measures.
- All employees have a responsibility of reporting information security incidents in accordance with information security policies and procedures.
Life at Betterworks
At Betterworks, we prioritize our people. In that spirit, we’ve put together a great benefits program to support our employees’ health and wellness that includes the following:
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of highly motivated and intelligent folks with a unique range of startup and enterprise experience.
- Balanced Work / Life with unlimited vacation.
- A vibrant company culture with frequent team-building events.
- Competitive salary with stock options.
- Company-sponsored health and personal accident insurance benefits.
- A remote first-work culture that allows you to work from anywhere in India and travel to meet as a team when possible.
- $220 one-time reimbursement for work-from-home office setup.
- $90 monthly stipend for the internet.
Betterworks® aligns, develops and activates your workforce for business growth. Through our easy-to-use, integrated software solutions and expertise, we help organizations replace outdated annual review processes with powerful Continuous Performance Management® programs that help managers be better at the conversations, coaching and development necessary to inspire and motivate the entire workforce to meet today's goals and be ready for tomorrow's challenges. Our solution supports truly global workforces, and is used daily by workers from more than 100 countries with localization support in more than 20 languages.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to inclusive and diverse betterworks. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global betterworks Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.