Sales Development Representative
Betterworks® is HR software to align, develop and activate your workforce for business growth. Organizations can replace outdated, ineffective, universally loathed annual review processes with powerful Continuous Performance Management® programs that help managers be better at the conversations, coaching, and development necessary to inspire and motivate the entire workforce to collectively achieve an organization's top priorities today and be ready for tomorrow's challenges.
Prospecting and Lead Generation:
- Conduct research to identify potential prospects within target industries or markets.
- Utilize various channels (email, phone calls, social media, etc.) to initiate contact and establish relationships with prospects.
- Qualify leads by assessing their needs, budget, timeline, and decision-making process.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to develop effective lead-generation strategies.
Qualification and Pipeline Management:
- Engage with prospects to understand their pain points and educate them on how our products or services can address their needs.
- Conduct discovery calls or meetings to gather information and qualify prospects as potential opportunities.
- Assess the prospect's level of interest and ability to make purchasing decisions.
- Effectively manage and update prospect data and activities in CRM software.
Collaboration and Sales Enablement:
- Collaborate closely with the sales team to hand off qualified leads and provide necessary information for the sales process.
- Assist in the development and optimization of sales strategies and processes.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, market conditions, and competitors to provide valuable insights and recommendations.
- Share feedback and insights from prospect interactions to help improve marketing and product strategies.
Continuous Learning and Improvement:
- Proactively seek professional development opportunities to enhance sales skills and product knowledge.
- Stay informed about our products or services, industry trends, and best practices through ongoing training and self-study.
- Implement feedback from sales managers or team leaders to improve performance and achieve sales targets.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Previous experience in a sales role is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage prospects and build relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills to handle objections and overcome challenges in the sales process.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with CRM software and sales enablement tools.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques, including lead generation strategies, is a plus.
- A proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets is an advantage.
At betterworks, we prioritize our people. In that spirit, we’ve put together a great benefits program to support our employees’ health and wellness that includes the following:
» Health Benefits. Employer-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance; Employer paid life, long-term disability, and short-term disability insurance.
» Rest and Relaxation. Spring and summer second Fridays off (March-August), end-of-year shutdown, flexible PTO policy.
» Family and Parenting. One hour/day calendar blocks for personal time, 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
» Learning and Development. Free courses from top learning and up skilling platforms to support both your career goals and personal passions.
» Discounts and Perks. Discounts on health & wellness, travel, television, internet & cell phone, entertainment, and more. Reimbursements for work-from-home setup and internet.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse BetterWorks. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to understand better the needs and interests of our diverse, global BetterWorks Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and are an equal-opportunity employer.