Assembled is building software to transform and elevate customer support teams, which often represent 20-50% of the people at a company. Our workforce management platform helps some of the fastest-growing, most innovative companies in the world—including Stripe, Etsy, and Robinhood—to schedule, forecast, and organize their support teams. We’ve raised $70m in funding from the likes of NEA, Emergence Capital, and Stripe itself. You’ll be joining a special group of people who learned the ropes at companies like Stripe, Google, Atlassian, Twitter, Airbnb, Looker, NEA, Bain, and more.
We are looking for a second Sales Engineer to join our team and provide technical expertise and support to our sales team. The Sales Engineer will help drive sales by handling technical questions and objections, developing demos and proof of concepts, and achieving technical objectives. This position requires both technical and interpersonal skills to be effective.
- Partner with Account Executives to understand prospects technical requirements, map needs to value provided by Assembled, and close new business opportunities with a technical focus
- Handle technical evaluations, proof of concepts, demos, and question/objection handling
- Stay up-to-date with the latest products, features, and services offered by Assembled
- Assist with responses to RFPs and RFIs
- Assess technical requirements and confirming prospect’s needs and our platform are a mutual fit
- Develop a technical expertise in the domains and verticals
- Build relationships with key technical resources at customers and prospects
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales and revenue targets working with the sales team
- Build and maintain demo environments and related tooling for the Sales team
- 3-5 years of experience in a Sales Engineer, Solutions Engineer or Solutions Architect role
- Proficiency with SaaS technologies, cloud platforms and web services
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to explain complex topics simply
- Ability to understand a prospect’s technical requirements and work through technical conflicts
- Track record of achieving sales targets and helping Account Executives close deals
The estimated On Target Earnings (OTE) for this role is $150,000-180,000 per year. The annual pay offered may vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options are provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Our U.S. benefits
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid company holidays, sick time, and unlimited time off
- Monthly credits to spend on each: professional development, general wellness, Assembled customers, commuting and community-support agriculture (CSA)
- Paid parental leave
- Hybrid work model with catered lunches everyday (M-F), snacks, and beverages in our SF & NY offices
- 401(k) plan enrollment