Sales Development Representative
Assembled is building software to transform and elevate customer support teams, which often represent 20-50% of the people at a company. Our workforce management platform helps some of the fastest-growing, most innovative companies in the world—including Stripe, Zoom, and Robinhood—to schedule, forecast, and organize their support teams. We’ve raised $70m in funding from the likes of NEA, Emergence Capital, and Stripe itself. You’ll be joining a special group of people who learned the ropes at companies like Stripe, Google, Palantir, Atlassian, Twitter, Airbnb, Looker, NEA, Bain, and more.
About The Role
Sales Development Reps (SDRs) are responsible for identifying and creating new qualified sales opportunities in target accounts. The SDR will become a trusted resource and develop relationships with prospects, acting as the initial point of contact.
As an SDR, your work focuses on improving our outbound sales strategy. You confidently share product or service information with outside prospects and are highly organized. Lead generation is your main responsibility; moving leads through a sales pipeline. An SDR identifies challenges and provides practical solutions to prospects. You also provide positive insights as a product knowledge specialist.
SDRs work for a diverse range of people and industries and your main function is to be a driven problem solver, identifying potential clients. Building interest with prospects will be the central part of your role. To do that, you must have impeccable communication skills, and a laser-like focus on lead generation and strategic outreach.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Increase pipeline through qualifying inbound and outbound leads
- Maintain a self-starter attitude while creating outreach strategies for new lead-generation methods
- Outbound calls and emails to prospects
- Conduct market research to identify new leads
- Partner with Enterprise Account Executives, Marketing and other stakeholders on outbound strategies and lead generating efforts
- Balance high volume and personalized prospecting to qualify leads
- Set up meetings with prospects and sales team
- Be the first point of contact for new business prospects and determine the next steps for each prospect moving forward
- Flawless communication skills, both written and oral, with some public speaking experience
- Working knowledge of the enterprise software market or the ability to learn new software quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work solo as well as being a productive team member.
- Have a strong work ethic and are eager to learn and make new connections with prospects
- Have experience using LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Outreach, Salesforce, or other similar prospecting applications
- Thorough understanding of commercial awareness and brand recognition to successfully establish rapport with prospects
- 1+ years' experience working in a Sales Development role
- 1+ years' working in the technology/software industry
The estimated base salary range for this role is $59,000 - $70,000 per year. The base pay offered may vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options are provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Our U.S. benefits
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid company holidays, sick time, and unlimited time off
- Monthly credits to spend on each: professional development, general wellness, Assembled customers, commuting and community-support agriculture (CSA)
- Paid parental leave and family planning support
- Hybrid work model with catered lunches everyday (M-F), snacks, and beverages in our SF & NY offices
- 401(k) plan enrollment