Accounting & Finance
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
Join our team at ASAPP, where we're developing transformative Vertical AI designed to improve customer experience. Recognized by Forbes AI 50, ASAPP designs generative AI solutions that transform the customer engagement practices of Fortune 500 companies. With our automation and simplified work processes, we empower people to reach their full potential and create exceptional experiences for everyone involved. Work with our team of talented researchers, engineers, scientists, and specialists to help solve some of the biggest and most complex problems the world is facing.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be part of a dynamic accounting team responsible for maintaining the General Ledger, completing the monthly closing of the books, automation and scaling your processes, supporting the annual audit, and providing reports that flow into leadership and strategic decision making. You will partner with other members of the finance and accounting teams and strive to attain a high level of accuracy in your work. This role requires a combination of heads-down data analysis, technical accounting, and effective communication skills that frame findings and escalate risks appropriately to leadership. Our work environment is open and fast-paced and this role presents a great opportunity for individual growth while helping to build our organization from the ground up.
There is a hybrid component to this role, and we are in need of candidates that are in a commutable distance from one of our offices in either New York City or Mountain View, CA
What you'll do
- Responsible for payroll processing, preparing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, including bank reconciliations, accounts payable input coding and approval routing, AR Cash Application, and monthly accruals
- Perform Analysis such as budget to actual, monthly, and quarterly changes.
- Analyze changes in payroll and communicate new hires, terminations, and any other fluctuations
- Provide support for Tax and Annual Big 4 Audit through schedule preparation and footnote support.
- Review employee travel and expense reports to ensure compliance with Company policy
- Manage the corporate credit card program and booking related expenses
- Prepare cash forecast and provide analysis on cash inflows and outflows and explain variance from forecast
- Support regular business reviewsI
- Input Stock based Compensation to the general ledger via Carta Reporting
- Foreign entity consolidation and FX translation
- Record and Process benefit accruals and related allocations
- Fixed Asset and Prepaid Expense Accounting
- Lease Accounting per ASC 842
- Ad Hoc projects
What you'll need
- 3+ years in an accounting role, with experience in reconciliation, payroll, and audit
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Experience with Sage Intacct and ADP preferred
- Strong skills in G-Suite (Sheets) and/or Microsoft Excel
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and take on new initiatives
- Public Accounting experience a plus
- Software experience and ASC606 a plus
- Hyper-Growth startup experience a plus