Lead Data Engineer, Analytics
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
At ASAPP, we are on a mission to build transformative machine learning-powered products that push the boundaries of artificial intelligence and customer experience. We focus on solving complex, data-rich problems — the kind where there are huge systemic inefficiencies and where a real solution will have a significant economic impact. Our CX performance platform uses machine learning across both voice and digital engagement channels to augment and automate human work, radically increasing productivity and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of customer experience teams.
The Data Engineering team at ASAPP designs, builds and maintains our mission-critical core data infrastructure and analytics platform. Accurate, easy-to-access, and secure data is critical to our natural language processing (NLP) customer interaction platform which interacts with tens of millions of end-users in real-time.
We’re looking to hire a Lead Data Engineer with the knack for building out data infrastructure systems that can handle our ever-growing volumes of data and the demands we want to make of it. Automation is a key part of our workflow, so you’ll help design and build highly-available data processing pipelines that self-monitor and report anomalies. You’ll need to be an expert in ETL processes and know the in’s and out’s of various data stores that serve data rapidly and securely to all internal and external stakeholders. As part of our fast-growing data engineering team, this role will also play an integral role in shaping the future of data infrastructure as it applies to improving our existing metric-driven development and machine learning capabilities.
As our operations keep growing, we encourage applicants from all locations in Uruguay to apply.
What you'll do
- Lead and deliver projects working closely with engineers, business partners, product managers, and other stakeholders
- Engage with business and product teams to understand data requirements and translate those requirements into technical solutions
- Develop data pipelines to transform and integrate data from a variety of data sources
- Modify ETL/ELT processes to load data from various data sources into the data warehouse
- Design, build, and maintain the enterprise data warehouse
- Responsible for delivering team projects on time and in a highly accurate, reliable, and performant way
- Maintain high-quality documentation for our metrics and data feeds
- Be a part of the on-call rotation
What you'll need
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering
- 5+ years industry experience as a data engineer with demonstrated expertise in building data warehouses and data lakes
- Extensive hands-on experience in designing dimensional data models, data profiling, ETL/ELT processes, and BI development
- Experience working with large-scale cloud data warehouse solutions such as Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, or Snowflake
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, Scala, Java, or Go
- Proficiency in using query languages like SQL, Hive or SparkSQL
- Familiarity with reporting tools like Sisense, Power BI, Looker, Tableau etc is a plus
- Experience with AWS public cloud is a plus
- Familiarity with ETL tools like AWS Glue, Informatica, Talend etc. is a plus
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and unclear requirements
What we'd like to see
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science, data science, software engineering, information technology, applied mathematics, or statistics
- Previous experience in data engineering, data architecture, or ETL development
- Ability to embrace and quickly ramp up on new technologies and programming languages
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Blue Cross 350 Corp for the family group
- Wellness perks
- Learning development stipend
- Connectivity (mobile phone internet) stipend
- Mac equipment
- English lessons
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance. #LI-Remote #LI-MK1
See more open positions at ASAPP
Something looks off?