Senior Backend Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2022
Join our team at ASAPP, where we're developing transformative Vertical AI designed to improve customer experience. Recognized by Forbes AI 50, ASAPP designs generative AI solutions that transform the customer engagement practices of Fortune 500 companies. With our automation and simplified work processes, we empower people to reach their full potential and create exceptional experiences for everyone involved. Work with our team of talented researchers, engineers, scientists, and specialists to help solve some of the biggest and most complex problems the world is facing.
The team’s purpose is to design, develop, run and maintain the core services that enable our products at ASAPP. You will work with top engineers very closely with Platform and SRE teams to solve complex scaling problems to provide 99.99% of uptime to our enterprise customers. Our motto: “silent success or catastrophic failure”.
You’ll have strong experience with either Go, Java, Kotlin, Scala. You’ll hopefully have experience with architecture and mentoring (though not totally necessary) -- and you’re ready to really put those skills to work. If you thrive in an environment of deep thinking, impactful research, and startup-paced execution, ASAPP is the ideal place for you.
As our operations keep growing, we encourage applicants from all locations in Argentina to apply.
What you'll do
- Join a team of great engineers who owns parts (microservices) of our product
- Collaborate with other engineers and teams to develop new features, improvements, and fixes to handle our current and future scale
- Be in touch with cloud infrastructure challenges and bring solutions to scale
- Collaborate with our recruitment process in technical interviews
- Be part of the team’s on-call rotations
What you'll need
- 5+ years of experience building software with either Java, Kotlin, Scala, Go, or C++ (we use Go, but we'll teach you if you haven't used it)
- Self-learner, independent, and have outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Totally comfortable with all aspects of backend engineering
What we'd like to see
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent hands-on experience
- Experience with Service-Oriented Software Architectures
- Experience working with cloud-native applications
- Scalable distributed applications experience
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- OSDE 410 for the family group
- Wellness perks
- Learning & development stipend
- Connectivity (mobile phone & internet) stipend
- Mac equipment
- 3 weeks of vacation
- English lessons
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance. #LI-MK1 #LI-Remote