Software Engineer (Data)
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Our mission is to bring blockchain to a billion people. The Alchemy Platform is a world class developer platform designed to make building on the blockchain easy. We've built leading infrastructure in the space, powering over $105 billion in transactions for tens of millions of users in 99% of countries worldwide.
The Alchemy team draws from decades of deep expertise in massively scalable infrastructure, AI, and blockchain from leadership roles at leading companies and universities like Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Stanford, and MIT.
Alchemy recently raised a Series C1 at a $10.2B valuation led by Lightspeed and Silver Lake. Previously, Alchemy raised from a16z, Coatue, Addition, Stanford University, Coinbase, the Chairman of Google, Charles Schwab, and the founders and executives of leading organizations.
Data Infrastructure is foundation on which all of Alchemy's product are built. As the first engineer focused on data engineering, you'll be working with one of the most sophisticated and high-throughput distributed systems in the blockchain world. You'll focus on architecting and building new systems as well as improving existing ones for a platform that supports millions of users globally.
- Maintain Alchemy's batch pipelines that power our production serving systems
- Set up frameworks and tools to help team members create and debug pipelines by themselves
- Track data quality and latency, and set up monitors and alerts to ensure smooth operation
- Build production DAG workflows for batch data processing and storage
- Aggregate logs from multiple regions and multiple clouds
- Design and implement our next generation data warehouse that aggregates internal and third-party data sources
What We're Looking For:
- BS (or higher) degree in Computer Science or similar
- 4+ years experience in a software engineering discipline, with at least 2+ years experience in data engineering or data infrastructure
- (Bonus) Experience in low-latency, streaming data architectures
- (Bonus) Prior experience in Airflow/Spark/ELK Stack
- Self-starter attitude and the ability to execute new ideas with autonomy
- Know how to find the right balance between perfection and shipping quickly
- Experience working with startups
- Passion for blockchain technologies and Web3
- A hustler mentality, founding a company or building side projects is a plus!