Backend Engineer (Solana)
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2022
Our mission is to bring blockchain to a billion people. The Alchemy Platform is a world class developer platform designed to make building on the blockchain easy. We've built leading infrastructure in the space, powering over $105 billion in transactions for tens of millions of users in 99% of countries worldwide.
The Alchemy team draws from decades of deep expertise in massively scalable infrastructure, AI, and blockchain from leadership roles at leading companies and universities like Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Stanford, and MIT.
Alchemy recently raised a Series C1 at a $10.2B valuation led by Lightspeed and Silver Lake. Previously, Alchemy raised from a16z, Coatue, Addition, Stanford University, Coinbase, the Chairman of Google, Charles Schwab, and the founders and executives of leading organizations.
Alchemy powers the top blockchain companies globally and has been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, Bloomberg, and elsewhere.
As an engineer focused on backend systems at Alchemy working specifically on our Solana tech stack, you'll be working with one of the most sophisticated and high-throughput distributed systems in the blockchain world. Solana is our newest supported and fastest growing chain to date and requires a more refined focus on high data throughput applications. You'll focus on architecting and building new systems as well as improving existing ones for a platform that supports millions of users globally. The team is still small and looking to grow rapidly, so you will have a lot of agency and ownership with our product roadmaps.
- Own the end to end product lifecycle of identifying, designing, and building new features
- Contribute and lead backend design discussions, stand up meetings, and code reviews
- Develop and own best practices for backend application development with a focus on high throughput, high reliability, and low latency
- Identify opportunities to improve existing practices and uphold Alchemy's high technical quality bar
- Write stable, high coverage test cases for features you ship
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Collaborate with other engineers, PMs, and designers
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science
- Experience designing, building, scaling and maintaining core backend software components (experience with API platforms a plus)
- Experience with production distributed systems, web applications, and microservice architecture
- Ability to solve complex design, scaling, latency, or performance problems in high-throughput, low-latency systems
- Proven track record of building highly available and highly scalable systems
- Experience developing with Java (Micronauts)
- Self-starter attitude and the ability to execute new ideas with autonomy
- Experience with high throughput streaming services like Kafka is a plus
- Experience with data pipelining like Google Dataflow is a plus
- Experience with AWS or GCP technologies is a plus
- Web3 and startup experience are also pluses
See more open positions at Alchemy
Something looks off?