Backend Engineer (Billing)
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2022
Our mission is to bring blockchain to a billion people. The Alchemy Platform is a world class developer platform designed to make building on the blockchain easy. We've built leading infrastructure in the space, powering over $105 billion in transactions for tens of millions of users in 99% of countries worldwide.
The Alchemy team draws from decades of deep expertise in massively scalable infrastructure, AI, and blockchain from leadership roles at leading companies and universities like Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Stanford, and MIT.
Alchemy recently raised a Series C1 at a $10.2B valuation led by Lightspeed and Silver Lake. Previously, Alchemy raised from a16z, Coatue, Addition, Stanford University, Coinbase, the Chairman of Google, Charles Schwab, and the founders and executives of leading organizations.
Alchemy powers the top blockchain companies globally and has been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, Bloomberg, and elsewhere.
As a foundational member of our billing infrastructure team, you will lead the design and implementation of our entire billing and collections system. The team is responsible for setting industry standards on how billing is done in Web3 so that we can create the best experience possible for our customer base.
- Architect billing and collection platforms to enable product innovation and personalization of customer experience
- Extend the billing and collection platforms for rapid global deployment, scaling, and expansion
- Design, build and maintain highly scalable and reliable infrastructure, APIs, and services
- Contribute and lead system design discussions, stand up meetings, and code reviews
- Partner cross-functionally with engineers, PMs, and designers to translate requirements into robust, fault-tolerant, and highly scalable solutions
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience designing, building, scaling and maintaining core backend software components
- Extensive knowledge about billing and financial systems
- A business-impact-driven, pragmatic approach to delivering projects on time with high quality
- Proven architectural design skills for building highly scalable online/offline data-driven systems
- Experience with AWS technologies is a plus
- Focus on building strong relationships with stakeholders through collaborative problem solving and translating requirements into future-facing solutions
- Self-starter attitude and the ability to execute new ideas with autonomy
- Know how to find the right balance between perfection and shipping quickly
- Passion for blockchain technologies a plus
- Founded a company or built side projects a plus
- Experience in startups a plus
See more open positions at Alchemy
Something looks off?