Senior Engineering Manager
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Monday, June 27, 2022
Our mission is to bring blockchain to a billion people. The Alchemy Platform is a world class developer platform designed to make building on the blockchain easy. We've built leading infrastructure in the space, powering over $105 billion in transactions for tens of millions of users in 99% of countries worldwide.
The Alchemy team draws from decades of deep expertise in massively scalable infrastructure, AI, and blockchain from leadership roles at leading companies and universities like Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Stanford, and MIT.
Alchemy recently raised a Series C1 at a $10.2B valuation led by Lightspeed and Silver Lake. Previously, Alchemy raised from a16z, Coatue, Addition, Stanford University, Coinbase, the Chairman of Google, Charles Schwab, and the founders and executives of leading organizations.
Alchemy powers the top blockchain companies globally and has been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, Bloomberg, and elsewhere.
World-class engineering powers our product offering at Alchemy. As a senior engineering manager, you'll be responsible for leading engineering teams both technically and culturally as we continue to scale our company.
- Grow the engineers on your team to advance their careers at Alchemy
- Contribute and lead high level system architecture discussions and help decide the trajectory of the engineering organization
- Participate as a key stakeholder of OKR planning across the org
- Help define the engineering culture at Alchemy through leadership, mentorship, and programs that promote learning and growth
- Manage a team of high performing engineers and managers
- Collaborate cross-functionally with leadership across the whole company
What We're Looking For:
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- Prior experience as an engineering manager that has led teams at scale
- Prior experience as a manager of managers
- Prior experience as an IC software engineer prior to entering management
- Experience as an engineering manager at a high growth startup
- Experience designing, building, scaling and maintaining core backend software components (experience with API platforms a plus)
- Ability to solve complex design, scaling, latency, or performance problems in high-throughput, low-latency systems
- Experience with production distributed systems, web applications, and microservice architecture
- Proven track record building high performing teams
- Self-starter attitude and the ability to execute new ideas with autonomy
- Experience working with startups
- Experience working in Web3
- A hustler mentality, founding a company or building side projects is a plus!
See more open positions at Alchemy
Something looks off?